Saturday, April 9, 2011

Can't You Smell That??

It seems to me that men are more "comfortable" with foul odors (or are just unaware of them) than women appear to be.  Aside from the obvious funk my boyfriend is able to produce on his own (well done, dear), he is seemingly oblivious to stinky trash, litter boxes, recently used toilets, etc., and makes no attempt to alleviate these odors.  And as I learn more and more each day that he ain't gonna change, I continuously remind him to take out the trash and scoop the cat litter myself.  Also, I am always trying to find new ways to combat common household odors and keep the house smelling fresh and clean.  Here are a few of my favorites...

Glade Sense & Spray- This little contraption is a great and safe way (no outlet necessary) to keep any room smelling sweet.  I keep one hanging near the front door so that I always walk in to a freshly scented home.  It's also perfect for the bathroom (no more unsightly cans of air freshener and no need to remind anyone to spray!!) 

Dryer Sheets- Dryer sheets are awesome!  They can be used for almost anything and come in a variety of great, clean scents.  I place dryer sheets all over the place- in drawers, under mattress pads, under couch cushions.  And they are perfect for brushing off lint and pet hair from fabric cushions, lamp shades and pillows while leaving behind an amazing scent.  Need a quick freshen up?  Wipe a dryer sheet over the couch cushions, bedspread and pet beds.  Works like a charm! 

Candles- Of course, lighting candles is a great way to make the house smell great and eliminate unwanted odors.  But they also help even when unlit!  Store scented votives and tea lights in a pretty basket- it's an easy way to keep candles accessible.  But best of all, it gives a great scent to wherever you choose to place the basket.

Happy smelling! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment